Lisa Williams is an age group triathlete who has represented Great Britain in several international events.
She is based in Craster, Northumberland and is actively involved in Alnwick Harriers, Alnwick Cycling Club and Alnwick Tri both with her own training and in organisation of local events. Lisa is a qualified triathlon coach. She also volunteers as crew for the inshore RNLI lifeboat at Craster.
Lisa’s achievements include:
- Alnwick Harriers most improved award 2010
- Winner of female annual grand prix 2010
- 2nd in category Northumberland Tri standard distance at Druridge bay 2013
- 17th in ETU European sprint distance championships 2014
- 2nd in category at Newcastle sprint distance tri at QE2 July 2014
- 2nd in category at Spanish City Tri August 2014
- 1st in category in Lambton Duathlon & 2nd female overall April 2015
- 11th in the European Championships in Geneva 2015 and 6th of the Great Britain team in her category
- 17th in the European Championships in Lisbon 2016
- 10th in the British Sprint Championships 2017
- 17th in the European Middle Distance Championships in Ibiza 2018
Lisa has been a regular client for Sports Massage over the past 4 years and comments as follows:
“I was training for my first marathon and a friend recommended that I try a sports massage. It was a new experience for me and one that I now recommend to all my friends. It helps to keep my body in good order and to be able to cope with the demands I put on it. For me it can be relieving tension in a particular area or simply relaxing my body in preparation for a race. Carole is very good at treating specific niggles and is a wealth of information and advice.
Personally I think spending money on maintaining a good ‘machine’ is well worth it. Very often athletes will spend hundreds if not thousands of pounds on their new bike, shoes, clothing as well as things like oil, cleaning fluids, bike parts and even paying someone to fit them to their bike. Why not spend some of that money on maintenance for yourself in the form of a massage. I know I perform better by first and foremost looking after myself and my body. Carole helps me to do that.”